Mother’s Day is one of the biggest “gift giving” holidays of the year in our country. Salons, spas, and retailers can all benefit from a Mother’s Day promotion. Remind consumers that mothering figures of all kinds should be celebrated. Highlight how your gift cards, services, or products are all memorable for their mom, mother-in-law, grandma, wife, or daughter.
Here are some SIC ideas to make this year’s Mother’s Day your business’s most successful one yet!
- Cover all Budgets – Offer several levels of services and products to fit different budgets and age groups.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards can be a big money making opportunity. Make it easy to purchase gift certificates in person or on your website. Most Mother’s Day spenders wait until the last minute to shop for a gift. Remember to send out an email campaign for panicked gift givers the night before with a focus on gift cards.
- Market to Men – Men purchase a large portion of Mother’s Day gifts so remember to market directly to men with easy gift cards, gift ideas, gift baskets, or packages.
- Heavily Promote – Promote Mother’s day gift ideas on your website, social media, and in store. Update your website banner, make it easy to purchase gift cards online, create Mother’s day promotional graphics for all social media channels, and special scripts for staff to use at check out.
- Email Campaign Suggested Schedule –
- May 1: Mother’s Day Promos
- May 9: 3 Days Left
- May 12: Last Minute Gifts (Gift Card Promo)
Ready to see SIC results? Let’s get started on your Mother’s Day marketing today!